Sunday, January 20, 2008

Why Indeed?

I guess this blog started out as a test. I wanted to have students in my Intro to the Psych Major course (Psych 60T) create and maintain blogs for short, informal, reflective writing assignments. So I had to create one myself to see how it worked. Then I had to try posting to it. Then I realized it would be a good forum for communicating with my students, especially about ideas that in class would be considered "digressions." (I'm a big digressor.) I suspect, however, that these ideas are probably more interesting and useful than the "course material" in many cases. I also realized that I could do this without cluttering up the Announcements space on the course Blackboard site ... and I could make these ideas available to students in all of my classes ... and rest of the world too. Welcome to the 21st century, Dr. Price.

No comments: